Vogt - De Vogt, Herrnsheim, Germany|
All records from LDS microfilms 0958790 and 0958791 unless otherwise noted.
Herrnsheim (Herrn's heim), meaning Gentleman's Home, was a Catholic village just north of
the city of Worms. The "Gentleman's Home" was the
"schloss" (palace or castle) of the von Dahlberg (Dalberg) family.
The records in Herrnsheim for Vogth (de Vogt) are limited to those connected to Peter Vogt and his wife, Anna Catherine
Peteriff, and to those connected to Heinrich Vogt and his wife, Anna. Peter and Heinrich appear to have been born around the same time circa 1650.
Peter Vogt* and Anna Catherine Peteriff(in)*
Birth: No later than 1653 based on an age of 20 years at his marriage in 1673.
- Other than the marriage in 1673 there were no
records for the name in Herrnsheim until the
baptism of Gertrude in 1684. The next year there were also records for Heinrich de
Vogt. It may be that Peter married in
Herrnshiem but the family did not live there until the 1680s.
Marriage: 22 November 1673 Petrus de Vogt cum Anna Catherine Peteriff(in)
11 year break between marriage and first known
baptism of their child.
- Gertrude Vogt* (1684-) and Franz Anton Heyl*
Birth: Gertrude filia Petri De Vogt and his wife Anna Catherine 24 February 1684, witness widow
Nicholais (can't read)
Marriage: Honestus adolescens [honest bachelor] Francisco Heyl cum virtuosa virigini
[ with the virtuous spinster] Gertrude de Vogt(in) May 1704
Anna Catherine (1705), Anna Catherine (1708),
Marie Gertrude (1711), Catherine Elizabeth (1712),
Joannes (1715), Joannes (1718), Philip Anton* (1720),
Maria Elizabethe (1723), Anna Maria (1725) and Michael (1728)
- George Vogt (1686-1752) and Anna Margarethe Yung
Birth: Georgius son of Petri de Vogt and Anna
Catherine 28 December 1686 witness Georgius -appha---
Marriage: Youngman Georgi Vogt son of Petri Vogt and Anna Catherine his wife of Herrnsheim to
virgini Anna Margareteh Yung(in) von
Sargerrdin (?) in -otring Nicholas Yung ed Apilonia (his wife).
No witnesses. 30 August 1713
- Anna Regina Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margaretha wife, 9 February 1717, witness Anna
Regina Kieser(in) filia Domini Kieser Procuratis Wormatia
- Anna Maria Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margaretha wife, born 12 June baptized 13 same (year), witness
Anna Maria Krieger(in)
Death: Another Anna Maria baptized in 1724
Andreas Vogt and ??
Birth: Andreas Vogt of Jois George Vogt and Anna Margarethe 28 October
1719 witness Andreas Strum
- Andreas Strum of Andreas Strum and Barbara
28-30 May 1732 witness
Andreas Vogt son of Georgeo Vogt.
- Andrea Gartner of Joannes Gartner and Gertrude 31 August 2
witness Andrea Vogt son of George Vogt
- Andrea Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and
Catherine 13 August 1755, witness Andrea Vogt ex Kleinhorsheim
Witness: Anna Margarethe Krumbecker of
Joannes George Krumbacker and
Catherine 28-29 August 1748 witness Anna Margarethe daughter of Andrea Vogt
- Phillip Jacob Vogt and Anna Catherine Hagenauer
Birth: Philippus Jacobus Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margaretha wife born first day of
February and baptized 3 day of same, 1722,
witness Philipps Jacobo Metzgar of Berghausen prope --iram oriundo
famuto p. f. marce superiori
- Philippi Jacobi Conrad of Anthony Conrad and Catherine 28-30 June 1735 witness
Philippi Jacobus Vogt son of George Vogt.
- Philippi Jacobi Berger the son os his sister Anna Maria Berger in 1757
Bachelor Philippi Jacobi Vogt p. m. George Vogt and Anna Margarethe to virgin
Anna Catherine Hagenauer of Joannes Hagenauer scabini and Anna Maria witness
Joannes Haget and Joannes Jacobi Hagenauer
fatriby quottin aller spose parensi valler verio con sanquin son patrum alyq ????,
April 30, 1754
- Andrea Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and
Catherine 13 August 1755, witness Andrea Vogt ex Kleinhorshiem
Witness: Andrea Wahl of Joannes Wahl and Francisca 10 January 1772 witness Andrea Vogt son of
Philippi Jacobi Vogt
Witness: Andrea Humm of Josephus Humm satoris and
Apollonia 7 March 1776witness Andrea Vogt son of
Philippi Jacobi Vogt
- Catherine Vogt (1758-1818) and Tobias Wolfgang Heribert
Catherine of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Catherine March 18, 1758 witness Catherine Conrad of
Philippi Henrici Conrad senior wife
Witness; Catherine Kottemer of Jacobi Kottemer and Maria Elizabeth 30 July 1769 witness
Catherine Vogt daughter of Philippi Jacobi Vogt
Marriage: 1780, Tobias Wolfgang (Per Jim Schembs, October 2008) - Wolfgangus Heribertus 08 Feb 1780 (IGI)
- Anna Maria Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogth and Catherine February 1761 witness Anna
Maria Barth (?) daughter of deceased George Barth
- Maria Elizabethe Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Ctherine 29 January 1764, witness Maria Elizabeth Hagenauer of deceased
Joannes hagenauer scabini relecta filia
- April 14 A domi propter periculeum Catherine Vogt of
Philippi and Catherine Vogt, witness Catherine Finch wife of Caspari Finche, 1765
- Anna Margarethe of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Catherine March 12 1767
witness Anna Margarethe
Schaffer wife of Petrer Schaffer. Note: Annne Margarethe Schaffer was the sister of Philippi Jacobi Vogt
Death: Anna Margarethe Vogt of Philippi Vogt 2 years 9 February 1769
- Maria Gertrude Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Catherine 1 June 1770 witness Maria Gertrude Hagenauer
widow of Caroli Hagenauer
- Joannes George Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Catherine 29 April 1773 witness Joanne George Schmidt scabini et civic hujate
- Maria Francisca Vogt of Philippi Jacobi Vogt and Catherine "A Maria" Schmidt wife of George Schmidtscabino
17 March 1776
Anna Maria Vogt and Arnold Berger
Birth: Anna Marie Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margarethe 29-30 March 1724, witness
Anna Marie Janson wife of Jacobi Janson
Witness: Anna Maria Koltemer of Eberhard Koltemer and Elizabeth 23-24 October 1738
witness Anna Maria filiola of Jois George Vogt
Marriage: Virgin Anna Maria Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margarethe
to bachelor Arnoldus Berger of
Philippi p. m.
and Agnetes, wife, 29 April 1749 witness George Vogt sponsa parente
and Jacobi Janson
Death: None to 1770.
- Andreas Berger of Arnoldi Berger and Anna Maria 9-10 November 1750 witness
Andreas Vogt ex Kleinhorheim
- Marie Elizabeth of Arnold Berger and Anna Maria 28 December 1752 witness Marie Elizabeth
Hoff daughter of Peter Hoff
- Philippi Jacobi Berger of Arnoldi Berger and Anna Maria
1-2 May 1757 witness Philippi Jacobi Vogt panter incola hujates
- Anna Marie of Jois Arnold and Anna Maria Berger
23 May 1755, witness Anna Marie Seyfred wife of Jois Peter Seyfred
curugi hic in Hernsheim
- Philippi Jacobi Berger of Arnolf and Anna Marie Berger witness Philippi Jacobi
Vogt panter incola hujates
- Jannes Berger of Arnold and Anna Marie 24 November 1758 witness Joannes Sattler junior
- Joannes Berger of Marnold and Anna Marie 14 July 1760 witness Joannes Linder
- Anna Margarethe Vogt and Peter Schaffer
Anna Margarethe Vogt(in) of George Vogt and Anna Margarethe 7-8 November 1725 witness Anna Margarethe Krigerin filia Caspari Kriger
Witness: Anna Margarethe Asnet of Jacobi Asnet and Margarethe 2-3 January 1744, witness Anna Margarethe
filiola George Vogt
Marriage: Virgin Anna Margarethe Vogt of deceased George Vogt
and his wife, Anna Margarethe, to Petrus Scahffer oporficio vietor
George Schaffer vietorus Anna Margarethe defuncte conjunge 20 October 1759 witnesses Joannes Schaffer scabino and Philippi Jacobi Vogt et alys
- Christina Louisa of Peter and Anna Margarethe Schaffer 19 September 1761
witness Louisa Schaffer wife of Paul Schaffer civis parisiensis;
vice eies surpplevet Christina Schaffer Johann Schaffer scabinai coniux
- Anna Margarethe of Peter Schaffer victorio and Anna Margarethe witness Nanna Margarethe
Cronouer wife of Larenz Cranaur 1763 (month day)
- Maria Barbara Vogt and Nicholas Scheck
Maria Barbara Vogt of George Vogt and Anna Margarethe 5-6 June witness Maria Barbara Wilhelm wife of Jannes Wilhelm
Note: Maria Barbara Wilhelm was a sister of George Vogt.
See her marriage to Joannes Wilhem below.
Witness: Barbara Vogt daughter of George Vogt to Barbara Betz of
Stephen Betz and Maria Elizabeth 5-6 month 1749
Marriage: Virgin Barbara Vogt of George Vogt and Margarethe sumdetoris hujates to
bachelor Nicholas Scheck son of Peter Scheck scabini hajates
and Anna Maria p. p. m. m. surviving son, witnesses George Vogt sponsa patre and Philippi Henrici
Ertelmeier spose cutatore et alys 24 April 1752
- Philippi Jacobi Scheck of Nicholas and
Barbara Scheck 13-14 January 1753, witness Philippi
Death: Philippi Jacobus Scheck of Nicholas and Barbara Scheck age 3
months 31 March 1753
- Anna Clara Scheck of Nicholas and Barbara 6 September 1756, witness Anna Clara Ertelmeyer daughter of
Philip Ertlemeyer and Catherine
- Barbara of Nicholas and Barbara Scheck 11 January 1760, witness Barbara
Kinhaussen from Klien Rohsheim
absent, local substitute, Anna Margarethe Schaffer wife of Peter Schaffer
Death: Anna Barbara of Nicholas and Barbara Scheck age 2 monts 11 March 1760
- Death: Philippi Henricus son of Nicholas age ? 4 February 1761
Death of George Vogt: 10 September 1752 George Vogt (no other information)
- Joannes George Reinmel of Joannes Reinmel and Ursula 16 October 1726
witness Jois George Vogt
- Joannes George Enger son of Henrici Enger and
Margarethe p.m. wife to the young woman Anna Schect daughter
of Joanne George Schect and Elizabeth his wife,
witnesses George Vogt and Jois Jacobi
Schect 12 November 1737
- Joannes George Pauli of Jacobus Pauli scabini hujates
1-12 June 1744 witness Jois George Vogy (no other information)
Death of Margarethe Vogt: Margarethe Vogt of defuncte
George Vogt relecta vidua no age,
April 9 1759
Maria Elizabetha daughter of Petri
de Vogt and Anna Catherine "matris" "matrina est" 24 (Month page turned) 1690, Marie Elizabethe wife of
(cannot read several words)
Barbara Vogt and Johann Heinrich Wilhelm
Youngman Joannis Wilhelm ex Mon-ernheim Palatine son of Jois Henrici
et Maria Eva to the virgini Barbara Vogt daughter of Petri Vogt p.m. et Anna Catherina
witnesses Francisco Hail and Joanne George Vogt, 6 February 1719
- Maria Gertrude Wilelm of Jannes Wilhelm and
Barbara 10 February 1721 witness Maria
Gertrude Hail(in) daughter of Francisco Hail scabini hujates
Death: Maria Gertrude daughter of Johann Wilhelms infant 3 weeks 2 march 1721
- Death: George "Willens" son of Joannes Willens infant 28 July 1723
No other births or deaths to 1730.
Death of Johann Peter Vogt: Before 1719 based on the fact that he was listed as deceased
at the marriage of his daughter in 1719.
I did not find a death record for him between 1690 and 1719.
Death of Anna Catherine de Vogt: After 1719
Heinrich Vogt and Anna _______
Birth: circa 1654 based on death record.
Marriage: Anna _________
Death: Henricus Vogth ecclia (word) sacremento (cannot read several words) age 60
January 14, 1714 (1654)
- Antonius Henrici de Vogt Antonius wife Anna,
witness Antonius Petri, 23 (month) 1683.
Note: This record is confusing but is (I believe) a child of Henrich.
Antonius son of Henrici. There is usually no separation or indication of any sort between the father's name
and the child's. The thing that is confusing in this record is the repetition of the name Antonius.
- Georgy Adamy son of Henrici de Vogt and Anna witness Georgy Adamy Herthlmy (?) two word I cannot read)
8 October 1685
Death: George Adamus Vogt adolesence [not married] 28 years omnibus --j --
bene merbus March -- 1716 (1688)
Anna Maria of Henirici de Vogt and Anna, 7 Sept 1686 witness Anna
Marie wife of Jois Ca-pen Schoffer (cant read word)
- Bathsheba Anna Margarethe
of Henrici de Vogth "muter" [German for mother] Anna witness Anna Margarethe Schoffer(in)
daughter of Philipus
Schoffers 23 October 1687
- Anna Elizabetha filia Henrici de Vogth uxor Anna patrina Anna Elizabetha Adrian
last word may be Hofberg, 27 August 1688
- Johannes Petrus of Henrici Vogt and Anna Sept cannot read day 1698 , witness
Joannes _ et Petro Franz
Death: Anna Vogt(in) age 70, widow, omniby semtis visi mumta, 9 August 1721 (1651)
Death: Anna Elizabeth Vogt virgo ominbus sacrimenti -- mature pro-muntha actatis sua a 20 annunm
March 20, 1713 (1693). Note: May reflect the death of Anna Elizabeth born in 1688.
Death: 5 April 1728 Margarethe Vogt mut er ex ------
- Unfortunately, many cemeteries in Germany removed the old graves and grave markers
(if they existed) to make room for new burials. Consequently there are not many old
grave markers in modern cemeteries. The cemeteries that we have visited are lovingly maintained
with beautiful flowers. Herrnsheim's cemetery was no exception. We did not find any Göhle
graves. There were a few new graves for Harbauers and the Arnold and Bardong
names were very common. The only older tombstones were for former burgermeisters. There were also a
few older markers
for fallen soldiers - including one for Bardong and one for Harbauer.
- There were several
listings for Harbauer in the Worms phone book for 2007.
- The church records were recorded in Latin and the civil records were recorded in German.
The church records were recorded in
the Catholic Parish Church of St Peter in Herrnsheim.
The records for Herrnsheim were (more or less) written in Latin.
The spelling of the names varied depending, I think, on the whim or the person
recording the event. "in" was added to most female surnames, but not all.
Endings for male names varied with "us", "i", "o" being most common.
However, in the case of Jo(h)ann it sometimes ended with "e".
Most female names ended with "a".
Herrnsheim Images and Information
For information on Herrnsheim and images of the village
Peter Goehle in New York City
For information on Peter Goehle and his family in New York city go to
Goehle in Herrnsheim
Louise Harbauer married Franz Goehle. They were the parents
of Peter Goehle who immigrated to New York City. For more information on the
Goehles in Herrnsheim go to
Goehles in Herrnsheim
Franz Anton Heyl married Gertrude Vogt. For more information on the Hyles go to
Phillip Heyl married Anne Marie Margareth Wallreuther. For more information on the
Wallreuthers in Herrnsheim go to
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Goehle Homes in New York City
Peter Goehle Junior
New York City Pictures
New York City Tenement Life